Learn tuition centre now offers Skype™ lessons for the following courses.
Edexcel A level
If you residing in another country but would still like to attend tuition classes taught by experienced tutors, look no further. We are committed to provide the best service in online tuition for an affordable price.
Please read through the frequently asked questions (FAQ) section to know more.
- Can I join from Skype classes from my country?
- What do I need to attend Skype classes?
- How does it work?
- Are Skype lessons effective?
- What are the drawbacks of Skype lessons?
- How do I arrange lessons?
- How much do you charge per lesson?
- How long is a lesson?
- Are there any trial classes provided?
- Are the trial classes free of charge?
- How do I make payments?
- What if I’m not happy with the service provided?
(1) Can I join from Skype classes from my country?
Our working hours
10.00 am – 9.30 pm on weekdays
9.00 am-7.00 pm on weekends
As our timezone is Singapore standard time (+8 UTC). Our class times will be suitable for students in the countries circled in the following map. If you are in south east Asia, east Asia, south Asia, Russia, Australia and middle east you should be able to organise classes with us.
(2) What do I need to attend Skype classes?
You will need the following,
- A personal computer, laptop or tablet with Skype installed (Download Skype)
- An internet connection (preferably a 500 kbps or more – Refer to Skype guidelines link for more information)
- Headphones or inbuilt microphone and speaker in your laptop, tablet or personal computer
(3) How does it work?
- First show your interest by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact Us‘ page.
- Once you have a confirmation email from our tuition centre you can dial in to your Skype lesson . All the details for dialing-in will be provided in the email.
- Once you are connected you will be having a one-on-one lesson with the teacher where you can cover a specific topic or ask any questions or doubts you have.
- The teacher will be using the white board similar to an actual classroom and will be providing .pdf version of the notes, worksheets through the Skype interface.
It is best that you let the teacher know in advance what lesson you want to learn or have doubts in. This way the teacher’s time and your time will be spent effectively.
(4) Are Skype lessons effective?
Online tuition is effective in a couple of ways.
- It saves time by not having to commute to the tuition class
- It saves energy , you will not feel tired because you don’t have to travel
(5) What are the drawbacks of Skype lessons?
We understand that the best way have student-teacher interaction is in a one-to-one classroom setting. The main drawbacks in a Skype call is the teacher not being able to see what the student is writing down. For questions that require method to be shown or when writing essay type answers teacher needs to have a look at what the student has written down. To work around this problem we suggest the student keeps a mobile camera which can upload the images of their work through the Skype window. This way our teachers we will be able to help to check student’s answers.
(6) How do I arrange lessons?
Lessons can be arranged according to your preference based on the available time slots. Please contact the tuition centre using details on the ‘Contact Us‘ page. If you call us we can respond immediately. If you contact us by any other means we will get back to you on the same day.
(7) How much do you charge per lesson?
Show your interest by contacting us through the methods provided in the ‘Contact Us‘ page. We will get back to you with the prices based on your course. Different courses are priced differently.
(8) How long is a lesson?
Minimum lesson duration is 1.5 hrs. It can be extended up to 2-3 hrs upon the student’s request. There will be breaks allowed for longer lessons.
(9) Are there any trial classes provided?
Yes, the first class will be a trial class. This class will establish whether you like the tutor, the teaching method, material provided and whether you are generally happy with the outcome of the class. If you are satisfied you can register for 4 sessions, 8 sessions, 12 sessions etc. There is no minimum number of lessons you can register, however there are discounts provided if you are registering for 8 lessons or more. See ‘Offers and Discounts‘ page for more information.
(10) Are the trial classes free of charge?
We do not offer free trial classes. You will be required to pay the full fee for the trial class.
(11) How do I make payments?
You can make payments through a bank transfer or Paypal. Please note that the payments for confirmed classes (including trial classes) has to be done before the start of the class. You will be given the details in the confirmation email. Once you have made your payment let us know by email, text or by what’s app by quoting the transaction details.
(12) What if I’m not happy with the service provided?
If you are unhappy with the service offered please provide us with a detailed account of why you find our services unsatisfactory in the ‘Comments and suggestions’ section in the ‘Contact Us‘ page. If the complain is reasonable we will refund the money for the session to your designated back account. Please note that the management reserves the right to provide any refunds. The outcome of the complain will be provided to you either by email or by post.